Summer Institute 2017: How to Harness the Power of Meaning
July 22-23, 2017 | Toronto, Canada
A two-day intensive workshop for training in Integrative Meaning Therapy with Dr. Paul Wong.
This is a rare opportunity to learn from Dr. Paul T. P. Wong, founder of integrative meaning therapy (also known as meaning-centered counselling and therapy) and Dr. Lilian C. J. Wong in a two-day intensive workshop. Dr. Paul Wong’s teachings on the core principles and practices of healing and flourishing through meaning have influenced both researchers and practitioners globally, through his publications and workshops.
This workshop introduces meaning therapy (MT) as a recent extension and integration of Viktor Frankl’s logotherapy with cognitive behavioural therapy and positive psychotherapy. As meaning is the holistic central construct, MT is inherently integrative. With respect to its positive orientation, MT focuses on the central role of meaning in healing and flourishing as supported by mounting empirical evidence. The strength of MT is that it is pluralistic and flexible, tailored to the needs of each individual client and, at the same time, makes use of clients’ innate capabilities in meaning-seeking and meaning-making. Additionally, MT emphasizes the human need for meaning for mental health and personal fulfillment. This workshop will teach innovative meaning therapy interventions, also known as existential positive interventions.
Learn more about meaning therapy at meaningtherapy.com.
Participants will learn…
- How to repair the worst and bring out the best in people’s lives through meaning
- How to integrate logotherapy and existential therapy with CBT, ACT, and positive psychotherapy
- How to make positive lasting changes from cultivating the meaning-mindset to meaning-focused coping
- How to use innovative positive interventions to restore hope, happiness, and passion for living
- How to improve positive mental health through Meaningful Living Groups
Paul T. P. Wong, Ph.D., C.Psych.
President of the INPM | drpaulwong.com
Lilian C. J. Wong, Ph.D.
Educational Director of the INPM | drlilianwong.com